computer not starting

lara

Beta member
I am having the strangest problem with the new computer I set up the other day.

When I leave the power supply turned on for an extended period of time, the computer will not start. When I attempt to turn it on, the fans will spin up, I will (sometimes) hear a system beep, and it will all power down.

When I leave the power supply turned off (by means of the switch on the back of it), then turn it on, it will work fine and the computer will work normally.

If I try turning off and on the power supply after having it on for a while, it will turn on the computer on it's own, and it will not boot, as described above. Why would the power supply switch start up the computer? And why wont the computer start up?

The computer is:
3GHz P4
350W power supply
Radeon 9600 graphics card
512Mb RAM
Abit AS8 motherboard

ummmmmmmmmmm this might be right

your dealer might of gave u a didgy power supp. so go to him and get a new 1 mine used to do that so i just got 2 new once until it worked properly so im guessing its your power supp. thing

That doesn't sound right to me. I would leave the power supply switch on all the time and turn off the computer the normal way (Start button, etc). Everything should shut off. When you turn it back on, press the power button from the front of the PC case. I would never touch the power supply or have any need to fiddle with the switch behind there.

nah i think i said the wrong name u know the power cord thing (y do i forget it) i would touch anything in it but i was talking bout the cord witch sends the power that 1 i needed to change that a couple times to fix it

i think i said it wrong thats my bad

Werd For sheezy my neezy
im mean
Ofcourse yes indiddy\

seriously thats the only solution i can thiunk of

Back
Top Bottom