Computer help

justin010189

Solid State Member
Anyone want to help me with my problem: I am pretty sure I got a virus over AIM from abcbird.com/photo and it was in a friend's away message and it said valentine's pics so being an idiot i thought they were really my friends and it ends up being a virus. All these things from Microsoft Spyware started popping up asking me to allow or block and i clicked block but im not sure what it was for. Then i got the valentine's pics link in my away message so i knew i had it. I ran adaware, spybot, and microsoft spyware. There was one in spybot that was called exploit that i deleted. I went to open my computer and it showed an error message that said activex was prohibiting me from viewing it. I tried to open task manager but it only stayed open for 1 second and then closed. I also can't open programs or some file unless I put them on my desktop. I undownloaded AIM and I know a lot of other people who have this virus. I reported this to AOL but they haven't done anything yet (shocker). I have Windows 2000. If anyone could help me I would be very happy. Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Ahhhhh......Also Known as what is called The "Best Friends" Virus once in your computer it will automatically put up an away message stating something like "OMG LOOK" or "WTF LOOK" and has a link when downloaded it is in the .pif file format used in carrying viruses. I have had but reverted using Norton GoBack 3.0 so I got rid of it. It seems the only way to get rid of it is by using a tool called AIMFIX which you can google. And Spybot wont come up with this, that exploit thing is called DSO Exploit I get it everytime I don't mind. Although I hardly doubt any AIM virus would cause that much damage to your computer boot into safe mode and look for the running process of isvhost.exe or lsvhosts.exe or something like that. What Anti-Virus do you use Zonealarm's Program Control asks if you want to allow the exe process that Is how i found out I had it.

Back
Top Bottom