Computer Hangs at Startup (Graphics Card Screen)

karling07

Daemon Poster
I've been having trouble with bootups lately...

So today, I replaced the motherboard AND processor, and it booted fine at first. Then I restarted it because i installed a driver and when i turned it back on, only the screen for my video card came on (Geforce MX4000 128MB etc etc--- the screen before the BIOS) and it just got stuck there.

So then I turned it off again and tried all over and this time, nothing happened. The monitor light stayed orange as if it recognized nothing and the computer turned on but nothing showed on the screen. I went to turn on and off multiple times and still the same results and occasionally, I would get stuck on the video card screen and the furthest I got was freezing on the BIOS screen.

So I tried replacing my PSU, still same problems. I also tried moving the computer to a different location, new power cables, and still nothing!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

can you boot into safe mode and roll back the driver you installed? What driver was it that you installed?

Oh no, the driver isn't what was causing the problem. Sorry, I didn't say that correctly. It wasn't even a driver... it was just a movie making program that asked me to restart after an install...

Basically this problem has been slowly building up and now its kinda hitting full force, it doesnt even get past the video card screen :(

EDIT: I also tried removing all RAM to see if it was getting past the RAM check (with the beeps if RAM is invalid) and it didnt even beep...

Could this be a video card problem, or is it possible to wreck an AGP slot?...

Back
Top Bottom