Computer game problems/ Call of Duty

chacha1

Beta member
My pc: 2.8 P4
2.50GHz
512 MB RAM

I purchased Call of Duty because my brother talked so highly of it, when he played it at his friend's house. I told him that I will install the game on my computer when I get back from work, and told him not to install the game by himself. But my dumb little brother could not wait for me to come home. So he installed the game by himself. He told me he didn't have problems installing the game, but he knew I would be very upset at him for installing the game on my computer. So he decided to delete (uninstall) the game before I came home. But he did not know how to do this properly. This is exactly how he deleted the COD files.

1st he went to -start-programs-COD folder-deleted it.
2nd he went to -drive c-program folder- COD folder- deleted it.
3RD he went to -trash bin and empted the trash bin.
4th he went to -control panel- remove software- and removed the remaining call of duty folder/files.

As you can see he did everything wrong? I cant recover those deleted files. Now my pc is slow, hard drive has decreased from 60% free space to 45%free space, I tried to use disk clean up but it seems to not be working (the calculating bar does not move). I decided to put in the COD cd in, to see if can reinstall and play it, but when I put it in it showed that the game is already installed and I could start playing it. The problem is it won't let me play the game or multiplayer at all. So I concluded the Call of Duty game file is still in my computer, but could not be touched since my brother deleted all the folders to help with uninstalling process.

Please help me with my problem I don't know what else to do to get rid of those
Call of Duty files or fix the problem at all.

(IF YOU'RE A PC EXPERT PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN CONACT YOU IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. PLZ)
:confused:

Try inserting The CD and re-installing the game...my email is furgy_i@hotmail.com...I'm not a computer expert though....could go into registry and delete the key?

Just out of interest how old is ure bro...LOL....Sounds funny :).

someone move this. to proper forum.

Okay who makes this game.

Here is how you trick the comp to think that COD is no longer installed.

And before that little bros are cool so dont get too mad at him. He has learned his lesson and just forgive him.

K. onto the solution.

got to start > RUN and type in "regedit". Then it will pull up all your registry settings. Then you will have to go search each other these reg directories for call of duty registries.

It has 5 main folders. The top one wont include anything so dont open it. The other folders will have a folder called "Software" inside of them. That is where you will find the registries for the games and other apps.

Delete all the COD ones. Do this four all of the four folders. until all COD reg is deleted.

Also i have problems with call of duty
i can play single player hassle free- But when i try and play online and connect to a server it just freezes and says this program needs to close i have tryed reinstallling the game and i have all the up to date patches anyone and ideas about what could be the problem,

YAY
I just tried it and guess wat it WORKED YAY-Thanx for reminding me fugby i forgot about it :D

Back
Top Bottom