Computer freezing quite a bit.

Cptn.Knuckles

Solid State Member
Hey i got a dell XPS710 and i play WoW, but i freeze sometimes while playing it or my music will stop for a little bit while im playing. I have no clue whats up with this beast, i run my disc defragmenter every week, virus scans and i cant find anything. but it only happens when im playing wow. I run 4 gigs of ram. These freezes are annoying i would like to know why its doing this, Thanks

Right click your clock in the bottom right and click Start Task Manager. Check the memory and CPU usage under the performance tab whilst playing WoW + listening to music and see if either are very high when you start to freeze up. Whichever it is that is high is what is causing your less than great performance.

What are you using for the virus scan, and what are you using to defrag your system?

I just have my regular defragmenter, and i have AVG but i ant really a fan of it im thinking about switching to the shield. but my memory while in on wow is at a steady 1.72-1.75, my cpu usage is is around 46-60 while playing WoW. I was thinking about wiping my computer but i dont got any factory disc's

I would use Ccleaner over the Windows one, downloadable from here:

CCleaner - Download

If you want to swap from AVG, I would recommend either Avast! or Avira, both of which are free. Check that you don't have windows firewall up and running.

Is this a new problem? If so, have you updated any drivers of has Windows updated? may be a driver conflict.

You could try, and I know its a PITA, but uninstall the game and install again. It sometimes works for Steam games.

Ive deleted the game before i posted this thread, I dont know if wiping the computer then starting from scratch would help

Back
Top Bottom