Which computer company/parts?

pinkfloydian1

Baseband Member
hey guys,

my 1st question. What PC company do you recommend to build my PC? Custom ones im speaking of. www.cyberpowerinc.com is good. what about bullypc.com. next Is it worth it to wait for the ATI crossfire series and such or just buy the SLI right now? What will be best? I will most likley go with AMD for my processor because i like it much more than my old PC. Thanks

I would recommend building your own computer, it can be cheaper and more exciting when you get to put it all together yourself. I do know that cyberpower is good, I bought a computer from them before back in 99 and it was great for the times, they are also reasonably priced. Dont know anything about bullypc.com though. About the crossfire series, are you a very serious gamer? Do you rely on your 3dmark scores to live? Can you wait to get your computer up and running? If so then wait and get the sli version of those cards. If you just want to play some games and have some fun now, get the sli that's out now. Any SLI series that's out now will handle anything probably for a couple of years at least. Definately fo AMD for the processor. Which one are you thinking about getting?

Is it a problem if u have to build the pc urself? If it's not then www.newegg.com (if u live in usa) and order the parts from there.
If u don't want to build it urself then I'd suggest www.alienware.com. Atleast they had this thing for laptops where u could change the parts u didn't like. That's really usefull because usually all of the comps that u buy as a package have one or more parts that u need to replace if u want a good computer. Though it might seem quite expensive but atleast u don't need to change any parts right away so it actually it's not that expensive compared to the others.

Edit: http://www.alienware.com/Product_Pages/desktop_all_gaming.aspx

choose one that looks ok then press select. Then on the right there is a button "configure". Press it and it will let u change the parts for the pc.

How hard can it be to make your own PC? Ive done the average of you know, reinstalling windows and deleting partitions and such. and i know how to put most of the cards in. Im not at all dumb with PC's i think i could do it i would just be nervous about the installation of the AMD chip and applying the cooling gel and stuff. what do i have to worry about? also how is the Windows 64bit operating system?

You shouldn't worry about the processor gel and stuff, that's a pretty easy part. Just put a dab or two on it and set your heatsink. The processor generally just pops in and you set the lever on it. It pretty easy, there must be some computer guides out there on the internet that show you how to do it all if you need step by step. After you put your first computer together you realize how easy it really is and you will probably never pay for someone to put together another computer for you. Just read up on it, it's really not that difficult. It can be done by people with limited experience. Dont know much about the 64 bit operating system. I do know that the applications being run on it have to be made for it to really have the performance gain.

i came here first looking to build my own pc, and i was very worried. i still havent done it yet, but i am not as terrified thanks to the ppl here. stay here and ask questions. i learned a ton!

Ask away!!! I am here to help if anyone needs it. I'm a systems admin for a company so I kinda know what I am talking about.... usually.... LOL...

haha cool thanks dude. ill deff look into my own PC. newegg is the best correct? Also, should I do dual processors? and what about video cards and such?

Dont go dual processor. Newegg is one of the best. Also look at tigerdirect.com, they are also good. www.pricewatch.com is a great place to compare products prices and find the lowest. For video cards you need to assess your requirements such as budget, whether or not you will be playing games and such. basically what you will need it for. post as much as you want and I will help as much as I can. post what you have now to see if you can transplant anything.

AMD 64 3200+ , 1 Gig of ram(not sure company, 512x2) ATI 9800 Pro 128, Asus motherboard, K8V i think. not sure. 120 gb HD. 500/520 not sure watt power supply. i was thinking of selling this 1st to a friend then using that money + my stash to get a new one. the main reason i want to get rid of this one is becasue the computer must have a cold solder and it skips when there is a vibration(aka foot steps and other stuff). it is only random and happens once and a while but it is a huge pain in the ass.

Back
Top Bottom