Computer Clock

Lilac1

Beta member
Hi,
Since the clocks went forward last week my laptop clock has been either an hour in front or an hour behind.

The morning after the clocks went forward I noticed that the laptop clock hadn't changed like it normally would automatically.

I keep changing the clock to the correct time, I have checked all the settings and they appear to be correct :confused::confused:

Does anyone know what I should do please?

the bios is the chip that controle your computer in many ways.
it is the one that tells witch bootable devise the computer should boot from first.
and it is controling the cpu speed. there are many things that it controles.
if your bios chip brakes, the computer will not work at all.

when you start up the computer, before it starts windows, then press F1. or Delete.
it depends on the motherboard witch key to press. it might also be F2.

here is a video totorial.
YouTube - (Tutorial) How to go to your BIOS Setup

Not shure that bios time affects the clock in OS?

probably need to go to Date and Time sattings..

Lilac what Operating system you are runing?

Hi
Vista is the OS on my laptop
I did go into the Date and Time settings and all looks okay!
In the settings under the Internet Time the time is synchronised with Time.Windows.com
Is hat correct?

for lilac
yeah i am not sure either if the bios timings will make a difference.
i just sad that he could try it.

for arm
i use "time.nist.gov" i dont think it matters to much witch one you use.
just try them all.
is it also the data that is wrong?

Hi,
Since the clocks went forward last week my laptop clock has been either an hour in front or an hour behind.

The morning after the clocks went forward I noticed that the laptop clock hadn't changed like it normally would automatically.

I keep changing the clock to the correct time, I have checked all the settings and they appear to be correct :confused::confused:

Does anyone know what I should do please?

edit; oops, just noticed someone already suggeted this. I'll keep my post here for future reference.

Hi Lilac, try the following and tell me if it works.

In Windows click the digital clock at the bottom right of your screen and choose 'Change time and date settings...', in the newly opened window click Internet Time, them choose Change Settings, make sure that Syncronise time with internet server is ticked, and tell it to update the time.

This should work, tell me if it does not :)

Hi Danny 93
Yes I have gone into settings nearly every day now to change the time but it still changes by one hour either forwards or backwards :(
Also the syncronise time with internet server is ticked.

Back
Top Bottom