computer automatically shutting down

blizzar180

Beta member
Hey, I am posting because my hp pavilion a510n (with xp on it) periodically restarts on its own. this is getting to be very frustrating, and at first i thought it was my computer's power schemes because I would leave it idle for an hour or so.. but recently it has been shutting itsself even as i have been working! Does anybody have any suggestion for me whatsoever?

Thanks in advance,

Jared

how much wattage in ur PSU? my computer was shutting down cuz i needed a new power supply.

yeah run Everest(I think it tells tempreture, cant remember) and see what your temps are. It might just be overheating. Have you added anyting to your computer(video card, hard drive, cd drive)? If you havent then it probably isnt your powersupply

right click "my computer" and go to properties...click the advanced tab and go to startup and recovery settings at the bottom and make sure that there is no check mark in "automatically restart". sounds like you might be getting a bsod, this will make it come up, rather than restarting and you can see the code and what file is associated with it and so on.
when you turn it on, does it say "recovering from a serious error" when you boot back into windows?

Back
Top Bottom