Computer is acting weird

fetus

In Runtime
I'm beginning to worry about my computer and some of the components. A while back I upgraded my power supply and I think they may be directly related as my computer supposedly uses proprietary power supplies. Anyway, I've noticed that since then both of my cd-rom drives are acting kinda funny in that they have trouble reading discs occasionally and at times are unresponsive. Meanwhile my Videocard (XFX 6800GT) is running extremely hot, like 90+ celcius under heavy load. I bought a GPU Cooler that fits into the PCI slot and it cooled it down to what I believed to be satisfactory levels. This however, was done while I was at home and upon returning to my dorm room I noticed the temps went back up. I suppose my dorm room is warmer so that's understandable but my video card, on occasion, will give me warning messages about insufficient power despite my 500W psu. Could the warning message just be a result of overheating? Another thing, I notice that applications and such seem to load more slowly. Could my ram be affected? Any ideas?

what kind of case fans do u have? try neatening up the cables so they dont restrict airflow, a zalman heatsink for that vid card would be good to, look at the overclock i got with a simple bios mod and a zalman heatsink

I've tried neating the cables and there's simply not enough room in the case I use, it has poor airflow most likely. I'm not sure about the fan, though all I have is one central fan; maybe 120mm.

thats terrible, u need to get some fans put in that case, look for some open spaces for fans and put some in, if u dont have any then i suggest u get a new case with better airflow

Back
Top Bottom