Computer acting up

Mbutler

Solid State Member
Lately my computer has been acting a little strange. When watching a video the sound will skip or get stuck. It only lasts for few seconds, but it is continuous. Also the screen is fidgety. I have used two different monitors so and this has continued. Recently my place flooded and the computer was sitting on the floor. When I checked it there was a small amount of water in the bottom of the case only slightly below the motherboard. I am not sure if the motherboard got wet. Is there a way to test the motherboard to ensure it is functioning at 100%? I run my sound from my motherboard, but I have a separate video card for my monitor. I have listed below the parts I use. If the motherboard is bad can anyone point me to a good motherboard I could replace it with that would fit with the rest of my parts? Much appreciated. If you need any additional info please let me know and I can try and get it for you. I built this computer, but I am not that computer savvy, so I am not well versed in a lot of the lingo.

AMD Phenom 8650 Toliman 2.3GHz
ASUS M3A78 Pro AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX
XFX Radeon HD 4870 XXX 1GB PCIe w/Dual Link DVI

Back
Top Bottom