Comp extremely slow at boot up/wont recognize HD

cmcd14

Beta member
I have 2 computers. I shipped one out to get fixed by a friend and when i found out he was going to be gone a few months since he's in the ROTC I built a new computer with better parts. I just got my old computer back. I wanted to use some of the old computer's parts so i took what I wanted from my new computer (Radeon 9800, 120 GB, 160GB, and a stick of 512DDR 333mhz) Both computers booted up perfectly fine. So i swapped parts. Put my 80GB and my nVidia Ti4600 in my new computer. I tried booting it up, and it is really really slow. I cant even get to the Windows loading screen, the screen just goes black. I have tried reformatting but it says it can't detect my 80GB HD. I've checked all IDE cable connections and power. I have no idea why my computer wont boot up properly. Here are the specs of the computer that boots up slowly: AMD XP 3000, 512 DDR 333mhz, nVidia Ti 4600, Mobo: Asus Nforce v2.0, 80GB WD. There is no reason this should boot up slowly when both computers worked fine before i swapped parts. Any suggestions?

ok, in bios ....did you check to see if it is detecting the hhd?

and make shure it is set to automatic detection....

also make shure that the partition on the hhd is set to active.....if this don't work....then i would put both comp's back to the way they were.....

and then uninstall the part you want to replace, then add the new piece, and install it....do that for each new piece you add to the comp.

ALSO THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT :

When you want to add a new grafics card to a computer, you MUST un-install the old one 1st....then

shut down , add new card...and when Windows loads & detects it, put in the driver Cd for that card ....

so it will put the new driver's in place for it.

ok i put both computers back to the way they were. but my old computer wont recognize the 80GB, when it's first booting up it shows it as connected but it wont boot up. When i try to reformat it, it says "Windows could not detect a hard disc to install on." I have no clue why it's doing this, especially when the hard drive and computer were booting up perfectly fine yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom