COD 4 problem!

Famio

Solid State Member
i just bought call of duty 4, installed it, went in its options and set it to optimal system settings, it set the resolution to 800x600, which was running fine, i have a nvidea geforce 7600, pc is 3.4 Ghz and 2 gb of ram, and enough free space as well, which was all enough for this game, but what started happening after some time i had played the game, it started lagging, ( dont know if this is what it's called) like the fps rate has come down a lot or something, then it started running smooth again, now whenever i start the game, after some 10 mins this thing starts happening, afterwards it just runs smooth for 5 mins, and then lags for 2 mins, this keeps on happening forever. . .

any ideas ?. . . . .

Its possible you have something overheating. Have you updated to the latest drivers for the game?

Also make sure you have all the programs you don't need disabled when you start up the game for the best performance.

What are the full spec's of your system or you running a prebuilt?

Press the "~" key next to the "1" key and type this in while in game or in the main menu: \pb_sleep 500

Punkbuster scans your hard drive every 20 seconds, so this command will make it scan every 500 seconds. Probably not the root of his problem, but it helps.

Something else you could try is defragmenting.

are shadows off? my pcs cant handle shadows... but when i turn them off i get 60+fps vs. 20fps

Back
Top Bottom