Cleaning up the disk

Luigitendo

Baseband Member
hey! Im having somewhat of a problem, i have been getting the "Low disk space" alert for about 2 weeks now, and i have been deleting many files that i no longer use...

my disks are as follows
(recovery (D:)
Space free: 5.10 MB
Total 9.99 GB
File System NTFS

OS (C:)
Space free: 45.5 GB
Total: 136 GB
File system NTFS

im using vista home premium, on a dell inspiron 1721...

Ok, so i have been using the disk cleanup routine and the disk Fragmenter, and deleting many files, emptying recycle bin, etc...but the disk still is full...what exacly is required to open up the (D:) disk? Im out of ideas, i need help, because im really confused...

please help, my computer is running very slow now! D:

ur recovery disk is 10GB and has 5MB free: consider revising what programs you really need; when was the last time you used the program or do you really need those programs?

What ive done, is installed all my programs on the hard drive and with all files that do not naturally need installing (movies, music, pictures, etc.), I have moved them onto my portable hard drive.

Considered scanning for viruses and spyware? Believe me, you dont need a virus warning to tell you if you are infected. A slow but well maintained PC is a big enough sign to those who recognize it.

If these all fail, when did you last do a full format of your PC? Pros recommend every 1-2 years. This helps to delete files, infections and settings that you did not even know existed deep down. If you havent, then i highly recommend you to. Save all but ONLY what programs and files you need and do the full format.

For your files distribution, i suggest you keep all your programs and other large files (movies, etc.) on the C:\ and smaller files on ur d:\. You can use your d:\ as a second drive cant you?

Good luck

The thing is even though you are deleting files they're not physically being deleted from your drives.

And parts of the files will remain too. In fact your computer likes to hoard unnecessary files all the time.

Use RevoUninstaller.

It'll get rid of all unnecessary files and physically delete files on your drives. There's other options on this app. to get rid of other files that arn't needed on your computer.

Back
Top Bottom