Cleaning up computer, best advice?

smithman01

Baseband Member
I know I saw a post on this forum about ways to delete some old files or unnecessary files to speed up your computer but I can't remember the post name. Can someone help me find it? Thanks

You might try a program called TuneUp Utilities 2006 (newest version). They give a 30 day trial. Run the One-Click TuneUp and it will run through your pc and locate unnecessary files or duplicate files that can be removed.

Go to to C:\WINDOWS\, make sure 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' is enabled, and you should see some folders around the name of $nt$uninstall. Delete those.

I also recommend TuneUp Utilities; great program.

He means cleaning up the PC not optimizing it, but for defragmenting, I would use Diskeeper.

Thank you Computer Genius, that is exactly what I was looking for!!! Thanks everyone for the advice.

acphenom said:
Go to to C:\WINDOWS\, make sure 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' is enabled, and you should see some folders around the name of $nt$uninstall. Delete those.

is that safe? What are those files? I have never seen that suggestion before

Thanks

Tone

Also ... i would download CCleaner ... great little program, clears unnecessary files and clears a few registry entries ... this is for regular use
But if you want to go hardcore, i would recommend JV16 Powertools and maybe EasyCleaner ...

Back
Top Bottom