Cheap Laptop for School

Iontheable

In Runtime
Okay guys, I haven't bought mobile hardware in a while, and I need some help finding a cheap laptop for school.

I'm not too particular with brands, but I would like a decent piece of equipment. This would strictly be used for word processing and web browsing. And, no, a netbook is not an option.

-Little bloatware
-Dualcore?

On board gfx doesn't matter that much, it won't be used for games.

Just looking for something on the low end, as I don't want to spend too much.

Thank You

Hello Iontheable,

If you want my suggestion, I need a little more input.

What sort of lifestyle to you have? (business/home/student)

What's your budget?

Do you need a lot of storage for data such as documents, pictures, audio, etc?

What is your preferred screen size? (13"-19" roughly)

Any accessories? (laptop cooler, USB hub, wireless mouse, docking station, carrying case)

Not interested in the accessories, as for the screen size, something average, like a 15" would be suitable.

I have a 500GB External so space is not an issue and it will be used for schoolwork mostly.

Thanks!

I have provided a link to Laptops I've had very good experiences with.

The Toshiba Satellite Series:

Toshiba Satellite® C650 Laptop Computers
Customization:
Satellite C650D-BT2N13 Laptop

HP
Everyday computing Laptop, Tablet, & Netbook PCs | HP® Official Store

I'm sorry to say that Laptops are becoming more expensive little by little. It's hard to find anything with solid performance lower than $400. However my personal preference is Toshiba and HP. I would stay away from Dell. Their customer service is lousy, so rude, and so unhelpful. I own a Toshiba Satellite A215, and It's been running great for over 5 years. I would also recommend buying any laptop (even if you decide to go with an Asus laptop for example) from the manufacture's website. But it really depends on which you're most comfortable with. A Store or eStore that offers a service plan claiming they can troubleshoot or fix a problem with your laptop or a service plan from the manufacture that built the laptop.

Hope this helps your decision making.

Back
Top Bottom