"Changing" OS version

echo1

Beta member
Does anyone know how i can "aparently" change the version of my os? The problem is I need to install Office 2003 and Visio on my Win 98 SE computer and it won't let me cause the installer says I need Win 2000 or later.

I say aparently cause of course I wont change the version of the os without installing another one, but maybe there's a way to trick the pc into thinking im using Win 2000 or XP. I don't know, maybe the registry or something.

Ohh, I have nothing but the win 98 cd-rom to install from so you dont have to say I should install another win cause i dont have any.

Is there a way to make the pc think it is another os?
Thank you.

No. It's not what the PC thinks. It's that the code from 98 cannot support Office 2003. You will have to upgrade.

Well you could get a copy of Norton Ghost & make a system backup of the partition.

Then get a copy of Win 2000 or xp, and load the Office 2003 onto that.

Or you could get another hhd, install 2000 or xp onto that, then Office 2003.

Then you can have a choice of a duel boot, wich one you want to load up: win98 or 2000/xp

Yeah you are going to have to upgrade to Windows 2000 or XP to get office 2003 to work on your computer

Yeah you could do what Mr.Mixx sed, But you won't be able to "trick" the PC into thinking that it is running another OS...They're too clever ;)

Never say that again. Computers are stupid they can't do anything by them selves if they could we probably would be screwed and jugment day would happen without Arny lol. But seriously they are stupid.

Haha! Is there nothing he can't do...

Nah, as Mixx said the PC just doesn't support the things Office 2003 can do. If you can afford Office 2003 ;) then you can afford Windows 2000 or XP :D

Back
Top Bottom