Changing I.P. numbers

bizarreparadox

Baseband Member
My friend has a system where his I.P. number changes every ten minutes. I would like to know, one, is this legal to do, two, if so how do you do it, and three, how well does this secure your computer from crackers? Thanks for the help.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing illegal to it, unless the program he uses changes the ip by connecting through someone elses computer. (like using it as a proxy)

Can't u ask ur friend how he does it? I don't think it would offer much protection, since when a cracker gets the connection I'm guessing he can keep it even if the ip changes. (if he wouldn't then pretty much any program, including games, would lose connection when the ip changes) And I doubt it happens, or then he just isn't a gamer since I wouldn't want to be disconnected from a server every 10 mins. :D

But just ask ur friend how he does it and then try it out and see if u like it.

... ok why on earth would anyone want a New IP address very 10mins? If he is doing that just becuase he wants to stop hackers, he should get a good firewall. New IP addresses every 10mins would make your PC go crazy. I think there is a way to setup IP address new release times. I need to do some more goggling about it

He doesn't play games but I want to know how to do it anyway I can't really ask him cause he's kinda busy working all the time so can someone please tell me how to do it.

He doesn't play games but I want to know how to do it anyway I can't really ask him cause he's kinda busy working all the time so can someone please tell me how to do it.

I know what program hes using, but i guess its iilegal so i wont say it. Search on google thats all ill say.

ThePower said:
I know what program hes using, but i guess its iilegal so i wont say it. Search on google thats all ill say.
unless it's some sort of proxy server program.. or the ISP in use allows such quick changes.. it's rather impossible to change your external IP that quickly... I can only change mine at a rate of once every 2 or 3 weeks..

He's probably using proxy servers, that'd be my guess.

Back
Top Bottom