Celeron processors?

d_source

Daemon Poster
What is a celeron processor? Is it new technology or old and outdated and what is its competition (HT)? Sticking with Intel, whats the best type of processor?

Celeron is a crippled version of Intels newest processor(it's been around since the Pent. IIs). They are intel's slowest processor, and easily slower than most any other processor running at the same speed by other brands...

Pentium 4 with HT is the fastest from Intel ATM(well, not including the Xeon processors, but I doubt you want a server :rolleyes: )

info

Celerons have 1/2 of "real" pentium level 2 cache!

greetings

--------------------------

www.ilumnis.com

ProjectTracking and SourceControl software...

--------------------------

Intel suks!

Here is why, and BTW, these are facts!

1). Intel Pentium 4's are 32bit! AMD64's are 64bit, meaning they tranfer twice the amount of information at a time!!

2). P4's use 20 Processing Pipelines, Opposed to AMD's 8! (More processor pipelines, the more latency)

3). P4's do half the work per tick as an AMD (2 ticks to every cycle, cycle also known as 1 Hertz [Hz) Thus, the AMD's speeds can be lower, and thus, they produce less heat and use less power, and you can overclock them really well!

4). Intel's Processors are overpriced! I can get two AMD64 Processors for the same price as some Intel P4's out there! And the AMD64's are twice the performance.

I know you said stick to Intel, but I wouldn't if I were you! :D AMD just has FAR TOO MANY advantages over Intel right now!

OK, so lets say i buy a new box, wont it cost me more to purchase one with AMD vs Intel? I'd jump ship, i dont care, i am just looking at cost and the fact that i have an Intel right now which has made me happy for the last 3.5yrs.

Same box, one is AMD(64bit) and the other is Intel, what would the price difference be?

depends what processor it would have. The price difference between a A64 4000+ and A64 3200+ is a lot. And a P4EE would be a lot more expensive than a regular P4 w/HT. Plus it would also depend on the other stuff ie: hard drive, RAM etc.

Back
Top Bottom