Cd burning/installation problem

whereangelsburn

Solid State Member
"I'm having some computer problems and I was wondering if you allcould help. About a week ago I got rid of Roxio as my burning program because I'd got Ashampoo instead because I wanted to put music videos on CD. Then I tried to burn music from a CD onto a blank CD and it was taking so long that I decided to just put Roxio back on my computer. I have the CD that you gave me and it installed ok but everytime I tried to even open up the program it would say something about an installation engineer erroring. So I went to download.com and I think I probably downloaded like 10 different programs. All the programs that would actually let me burn cds from cds wouldn't install correctly on my computer [there'd either be an error during installation or I'd get a popup error thing if I tried to open it].

Just now I went on Kazaa and downloaded Roxio 6.0 and when I try to open it I get three pop-ups, the first one says "loading object failed" then "failed to create an empty document" and the last said "here (0x0)". I think I might be missing an important file or something. "

This is an email I sent to my brother because he's good with computers but I think he just thought I was having program problems. I'm 99% certain that it has something to do with my computer. He told me that he uses MusicMatch and that I should download it, so I did and this is the email I sent back to him afterward.

"Ok so I tried to download MusicMatch, right? It was pretty much done when an error occured. I can't remember what it said but I thought that it would abort the installation once I clicked ok, instead the installer told me everything was done and to restart my computer. So I did but the program doesn't work. At first I got a popup saying that the MFC42.DLL file was missing. I was able to download it and that popup went away but then I got three more when I tried to open the program. The first said, "There is a problem with the skin you're using. Either the ActiveX controls have not been registered or there is a missing file." then "Fatal error: Main window bitmap not loaded." then I got the explorer error thing for mmjb and I clicked details and got this "MMJB caused an invalid page fault in
module MMJB.EXE at 016f:0040dbc1.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=016f EIP=0040dbc1 EFLGS=00010206
EBX=0058726c SS=0177 ESP=00a0f84c EBP=00a0f870
ECX=00a0f864 DS=0177 ESI=0121b474 FS=0fff
EDX=0000000b ES=0177 EDI=bff55215 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 40 1c bb a8 51 62 00 8b cb 89 06 e8 61 0c 0d
Stack dump:
0121b424 0121b474 00000000 7c31c9c8 0121b26c 0040db0f 00a0fb00 0054b549 00000000 00a0fb0c 0040dd1f 0121b26c 004bb9c9 0121b26c 006291d8 00629050 "

I don't know if you know anything about this, but now I'm getting even more assured that I do have some file missing from my computer that I need to install programs or something."

If anyone can help me that would be really awesome. I depend on being able to burn from cds! Also, I'm running Windows 98.

uninstall everything you installed. Then check for virus's,adware and spyware and eliminate them. Then run scandisk on your drive, Then if you have an oem version of 98 or an upgrade reinstall win98-it won't wipe out your system. After a successful boot then reinstall the burner software you intend to use, Then defragment.

Is it possible to fix this without an oem version [I'm not sure what that is, sorry!] or an upgrade? I don't believe I have either, though I could be mistaken.

whereangelsburn said:
Is it possible to fix this without an oem version [I'm not sure what that is, sorry!] or an upgrade? I don't believe I have either, though I could be mistaken.
Its easy,check your PM,i know your online,
:mad:

Sorry i was typeing furiously in support of linux

Start with what type of computer do you have and how did you get windows 98 on yours

Gary Graefen said:
Sorry i was typeing furiously in support of linux

Start with what type of computer do you have and how did you get windows 98 on yours

I have an HP Pavilion and Windows 98 came on it.

Back
Top Bottom