Can't log on to internet

posiview

Baseband Member
For some reason I can't log onto internet. When I run ipconfig it states that 'media disconnected' and on the taskbar at the bottom of my monitor it states that 'network cable disconnected'.

I've checked all cables and they appear to be connected correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

I run Windows XP on Dell Dimension 4600.

Thanks.

Are you sure the cables are OK? I spend 2 hours going through configs only to find that the cable was duff.

posiview said:
For some reason I can't log onto internet. When I run ipconfig it states that 'media disconnected' and on the taskbar at the bottom of my monitor it states that 'network cable disconnected'.

I've checked all cables and they appear to be connected correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

I run Windows XP on Dell Dimension 4600.

Thanks.
So how did you post this ?
If it's on another pc than,
Call your isp that you pay.
:rolleyes:

I connect a) ethernet from NTL cable box to b) eternet-to-USB adaptor c) to computer. The light ont he etnernet-to-USB adapoter if on and i am recieving programmes through the cable box.

That would suggest that the signal from "the outside world" is reaching my cable box and the fact that the light on my etnernet-to-USB adapoter is on so that suggests that there is a signal from from my cable box to the adaptor.

I'll remove all cables and re-fiox them.

Cheers.

bluto said:
So how did you post this ?
If it's on another pc than,
Call your isp that you pay.
:rolleyes:

That wasn't "any help"???
You do have an isp (Internet Sevice Provider) don't you.Who are you paying every month.
It's not included with XP or other components.

:confused:

I decided to reinstall XP and other accesories which fixed the problem.

I am a little annoyed at the error prompt "A network cable is unplugged" whn it obviously wasn't!

Thanks anyway.

posiview said:
I decided to reinstall XP and other accesories which fixed the problem.

I am a little annoyed at the error prompt "A network cable is unplugged" whn it obviously wasn't!

Thanks anyway.

Your welcome "anyway" i guess.
:(

Back
Top Bottom