can't delete file....

Danny248

Solid State Member
ok i downloaded a file on limewire, it went into the incomplete file. i tried deleting it and it wont work....says to find the right file path. so i try to delete the whole file, no good. so i go to safe mode and try to delete it, no good. i'v tried moving it and no good. i uninstalled limewire and its still there, just that one folder. anyone have any ideas what this is?

Hey,
Limewire autmotically creates an "incomplete" folder when you install it. The reason is that the somtimes when you download something and cancel it half way through, you can still start it again afterwrads, at the same percent it was....
I.E. If you download norton antivirus 2004 and downlad 50 MB of it, but then cancel it, afterwards you can start that download up again, but instead of starting from the begginning it will carry on from 50 MB...I find it quite a cool, useful feature.
If you open limewire and go to options then you can decide how long you want your incomplete folder to be there for...
As for deleting the folder, I don't know...You should be able to delete it whenever you want...

if its read only change it to nothing-Rigt click on the files in the folder choose properties and uncheck readonly-then try to delete. If thats a no go try renameing the files then delete.-Sometimes you have to reboot your computer. It could be part of the system you downloaded is in memory- if so hit alt/cntrl/del and stop the processes in memory first.

Yeah, agree with ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Another idea is that sometimes when u download incomplete files they are automatically sent to ure "incomplete" folder...So people might be trying to download these files of YOU, so they will be "in use"
Try canceling these, or sommat like that

Back
Top Bottom