can somebody help me think of a computer

abowlofrice

Daemon Poster
im building a new computer and i have a budget of $500-$600.
can someone tell me what parts i should get and where. (e.g. newegg)

the computer is going to be mostly used for gaming

Yeah, I agree with trd. YOu might be able to build a bare bone pc, like bare bone seriously, and the graphics would either be integrated, or like an x300 or seomthing along the lins of that.

well if it's american.. you can go 6600gt.. though thats starting to outdate.. if you wanna play bad games like half life 2.. LOL bad game.. naw it's not but anyway, low grade games like such.. then you'll be fine. upcoming stuff like fear, bf2 (out) so on, wont work on ur computer though ;) you can go for an amd 3000+ with 1 gig of ram and a decent pci e board with 6600gt for that money 600.. IF it's american.. and IF ur good with barganing.. :) happy gaming champ

well u kno i looked it up and i can get a radeon x700, athlon 64 3000, and all that other stuff (ram, hard drive, cd/dvd,) for $500

the other stuff doesnt rreallly affect how u play games, the difference is so little.....

x700 can get me 100 fps in cs and pretty high res. on wc3

Actually, gaming doesn't all just depend on the video chipset. You need to have a hell of a good CPU, high performance RAM, good motherboard, and a decent hard drive. They all work together, granted that the video card does do a lot of those number crunching. Those Western Digital Raptor drives are really nice but they cost so much per storage space.

video games theses days depend highly on a GPU, you dont need high performance RAM if you are not going to OC, same goes with the motherboard, hard drive is just for storage any 7200 RPM hard drive will do.

yea i agree with ownage. how does hard drive effect how u play games?? i mean a 5400 rpm drive may have a little effect. a 7200 rpm would work fine. motherboard dont really matter dat much either, as long as its 1000mhz it would work fine.

Back
Top Bottom