Can anyone help me solve my problem...

Verbatim47

In Runtime
I currently have 2 X 7800GT Graphics Cards from eVga and over the past 2 years they have been nothing but trouble, going through 2 different motherboards and returning the graphics cards about 4-6 times each. (lost count)

They have both been messing up, I don't understand what the problem is, and just now yesterday the second one fried again on the back with burnt plastic. I am tired of RMA'ing the cards. What seems to be the problem, please don't leave stupid comments. Thank you!:confused:

My setup is below, and my power supply is an Antec 650w SLi Certified. So, yes I was thinking about getting a 8800GT, would this be a good choice?

The 8800gt would be a great choice, but What are the temps on the cards?

ya there probably messing up because of the temps
but if i was you sell the cards
and get a 8800 gt
great card

If you are lookng for a new card, the 8800gt would be great.

My 7900gs is doing that now too, starting to overheat. From what I read, it happens to a lot of asus cards. I dont know about evga, but it may be a flaw in nvidias design. But mine idles around 65+ so I assume thats not good.

Before a mod tells you, you gotta limit that sig to 5 lines, bud.

The card temps run around 45'C but nothing big, i mean they have good airflow, it is not that, but since everyone is saying that is too hot, i would presume that could be an issue. But I have a widescreen monitor also, so would the 8800gt be enough to handle that and not bottleneck my cpu?

Might bottleneck a little, but I heard that is not really a problem. I think rudster had an 8800GTS and didnt have a bottleneck problem with a 3600+ but I might be wrong about that.

Yours is running at 45, mine is 65, hmm, mine might be a bit hot, lol. I'm sending it in, in a couple days for RMA, soon as I get the x700 I ordered to hold me off so I can use the computer while the 7900gs is in for repairs.

Yea, i have another 7800 to hold me over, while this one is in RMA but the things is, i have returned these cards about 4-6 times each, and I am really tired of it. The last time I returned it they said that a melted off transistor was a physical impairment to the card and they said I soldered something to the card. So I went 3 months without SLi but w/e I am just probably going to get...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103582

to hold me over.. yey!

http://evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=512-P3-N806-A1

I want to hold myself over for a little longer.. on my 939 System.. YOu think that would be good?

I currently have 2 X 7800GT Graphics Cards from eVga and over the past 2 years they have been nothing but trouble, going through 2 different motherboards and returning the graphics cards about 4-6 times each. (lost count)

They have both been messing up, I don't understand what the problem is, and just now yesterday the second one fried again on the back with burnt plastic. I am tired of RMA'ing the cards. What seems to be the problem, please don't leave stupid comments. Thank you!:confused:

My setup is below, and my power supply is an Antec 650w SLi Certified. So, yes I was thinking about getting a 8800GT, would this be a good choice?

Their's no way it's been the cards fault for all the problems. I'd blame that PSU.

Oh yea, I was having the same problems with my other 550w PSU also. So I wouldn't blame the PSU.

Back
Top Bottom