Can anyone help me?

Vargo

Solid State Member
Hi all im new here so didnt know where to put this thread, im currently planning on building a new pc (got no experience though) just wanted to know if all these parts will work with each other and the cases (cant decide which case would be better out of the two). my budget is £600 and this spec seems to have hit the £585 mark with one case and £602 with the other.

So anyways here is my planned spec:

Case
Antec 900 Ultimate Gamer or Aspire Cruisers Black Tower
PSU
ThermalTake W0143RE 550 Modular
Motherboard
ASUS P5B-E Socket 775 (Atx type)
Processor
Intel C2D e6600
Gfx Card
nVidia Geforce 8600GTS 256mb OR 8600GT 512mb (not sure which one is betteR)
Hard Drive
320GB Seagate Barracude SATAII 16mb cache
RAM
2x1GB Corsair Twinx XMS2 PC-6400 OR 2GB Corsair Twinx Kit (still not sure about what the difference is between these two...both are 800mhz but there is about £23 difference ???)

Any help to which parts/cases are better and why is urgently needed! Cheers fellas....oh and hi all ive heard your a friendly bunch :D

Get the 8600GTS its much faster than the 8600GT doesnt matter if its 256. I havent checked the specs of the RAM but my guess is the one that costs more will have less CAS latency time meaning faster memeory. Your build seems good.

Oh I forgot to ask would this setup be compatiable for windows vista and direct x 10?

Of course :), for a bit more money I would get the 320mb 8800GTS, it offers superior performance than the 8600GTS. Fom the price difference the 8800GTS is a lot better.

how much is it possible to OC the e6420 up to....or is it not worth overclocking? Rudster, with the changes it puts the overall price up to £630....quite literally stretching my limits of money since im after a hdtv to use as a tv and monitor (only a cheap £200 one though), i've got optical drives already so thats no problem.

my overall budget I have to spend is roughly £800 [inc monitor] so would it be worth the extra money for this gfx card in the long run really?

if you plan on gaming yes it would be well worth it.
as for overclocking. that cpu could oc up to the speeds of the e6600 without any problems as long as you have good cooling.

if you plan to OC then the e420 is EASILY good enough for any apps.

also where are you buying from?

e6420 is very overclockable, the RAM is to expensve you can save on RAM and get the 8800GTS and keep the e6600

if you plan on gaming yes it would be well worth it.
as for overclocking. that cpu could oc up to the speeds of the e6600 without any problems as long as you have good cooling.

if you plan to OC then the e420 is EASILY good enough for any apps.

also where are you buying from?

Well if i OC then would the normal fans in the antec 900 be good enough to keep it cool? pretty sure the antec has 2 front 80mm and a top fan of 200mm

id be buying all the compents from http://www.aria.co.uk i think....since they have all the parts and i have seen this site come up a few times on this website.

Back
Top Bottom