Can anyone help me?

freakus90

Beta member
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I've spent ages seaching for a solution on the Internet and Help files but so far it has been unsuccessful.

I have a computer connected to a University network using Windows ME. When I try to access a friend's computer (\\mark\my music) it prompts me for a password. I know that they haven't got a password set, the problem is that they access their computer using the username 'mert' (they're using Windows 2000). This means that I always get an 'access denied' message.

I have accessed their computer previously on another friend's computer who uses Windows XP. Instead of just prompting for a password, you're asked to type in the username - 'mert' and access is granted and I can access all the files I require.

I hope this makes sense! Basically, the problem is that I can't specify a username on W. ME it's already set, it merely prompts me for a password. Does anyone know a way round this? Or anyway of selecting which username I would like to use to access my friend's computer?

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Any help would be very much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom