Can anyone explain this?

AquaSwimmer

Beta member
This is my laptops spec:

CPU speed: 3.2835 GHz
RAM: 3Gb
OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit
Graphics: (apparently) 1515Mb ATI mobility radeon HD 3430
DVD-ROM: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ880AS
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz

Now here is the problem..

According to several sites that check your PC if it has the minimum requirement for programmes (mainly games) - I have OVER the 'recommended', in fact by quite a large amount.

Problem is when I run any half decent (say req 128Mb video card/512Mb RAM) video game I can barely stick to the low settings. Why is this?

Do you have other programs running in the background? What games are you trying to run on this laptop?

what anti virus program are you using?? You could try to disable it and try your games just to see if that is the problem. If it is try another AV program

Do you have other programs running in the background? What games are you trying to run on this laptop?

Apart from firefox which in 'processes' takes up the lead with 97k and other (I assume needed programmes) that altogether make up maybe 600k. Not sure if that's a lot. Physical memeory is around 44%. CPU usage doesn't go over 70% on most occasions.

what anti virus program are you using?? You could try to disable it and try your games just to see if that is the problem. If it is try another AV program

ESET NOD32 antivirus. I have another pc with a anti virus software that really makes it lagg and it seems as if the one I have on the laptop doesn't cause any performance problems in comparison(So I think)

Is there any way to check exactly which programmes are clogging up the PC (if any are)

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the task manager then sort by memory usage.

That is the problem with laptops, unless you get one that is made for gaming only, laptops in general are not built for games

Back
Top Bottom