Can Any1 Hlp?

rs89

Beta member
I play this game named runescape...... ever since i got an evidence remover i cant get it to wrk. its an online game and the window closes automatically when i choose wrlds... it never used to do that....ive tried virus scans and spyware scans but nothing comes up.... it uses java to play and i think the java might b messed up....does any1 have any insights?

If you have Win XP (I can't quite see from here, the old crystal balls a bit dirty again) do a system restore to a point before you messed it up with your Evidence Remover thingie... :p

Wombat said:
If you have Win XP (I can't quite see from here, the old crystal balls a bit dirty again) do a system restore to a point before you messed it up with your Evidence Remover thingie... :p

XP restore is very poor

Yeah, I don't use restore unless I have no other options. It's pretty flaky. But yeah, have you tried just uninstalling the evidence program? Also try uninstalling and reinstalling the actual game.

Actaully the System restore has helped me from many problems :eek: I would try doing that hehe

Yeah, theres nothing wrong with it if you create backups now and again, and you don't try and go back too far

I'm not saying it doesn't help if needed. I use it too, but only when I've exhausted all other options. It tends to cause registry problems for me. Nothing serious so far. Just things like unremovable program ghosts and things like that. It is indeed easier than a complete reformat though.

technoman said:
XP restore is very poor

Your comment is not very helpful... If you set your system restore to 300 megs, then make a system restore point every day. You only have to go back a day or to solve any problems. :D

well i have used Norton GoBack so thats why i think XP restore is poor ... GoBack fully restores your HDD not just settings etc

Back
Top Bottom