Calling all Technicians! Help Needed.

Solid State Member
Hi
I recently built a computer and I'm having some trouble with it.
Heres the components:
MSI 975x Platinum MoBo
550w PSU
Two: ATI X1950 Pro GPUs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40Ghz CPU
200Gb HD
DVD rom drive
5 fitted fans

I installed a legit copy of Windows XP, my MoBo drivers, and the latest ATI drivers for the X1950. anti virus software and my wireless USB drivers.
Thats all i have on my computer. And it works.
If i install any game, for example Eldar scrools IV: Oblivion, then I can run a game for about 30 minutes before I get rebooted.
I have tried everything to sort it out, I've connected another PSU to run the fans to lighten the load from the main one, I've reformatted, I've reloaded every driver multiple times and updated them all.
The only info i can give you is from the event viewer, it says:

"CPLIB :: HDCP - Failed HDCP key binding verification"

I have no idea what that means :p So some help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

it might have something to do with the ati driver. Which one are you using? I suggest trying some older ones and see if they work better.

Also what temps are you getting when gaming?

The ATI driver i downloaded was apparently the latest one for X1950, it's called:

6-11_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_37616

And my system temp is 29C
CPU temp 48C
GPU temp 34C

And sys fan speed is 2812 RPM
CPU fan is 1360 RPM (Just incase u needed to know :p)

Hope that was the info u needed. :)

btw where can i dl an older ATI driver, and is there an older one for an X1950 PRO?

It seems there are a few people having trouble with that driver, try using the previous one 6.10

those are idle temps, right? The cpu seems pretty high, other than the cpu they are very good. But try to check the cpu temp when gaming, or doing some other intensive tasks. You could try some stress test or folding software to see the max temp it goes to, they usually use 100% of the cpu.

Hi thanks for all the help guys much appreciated.

The 6.10 driver claimed to be non compatible with my hardware, so i just used the newest one again, but since this problem seems to only be with games, I patches some games and used something called 'chuckspatch' from here:

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=9&go=giveme&dwn_id=333

It seemed to make oblivion recognize my card, because before it couldn't.

Well hopefully I should have anymore problems, and i should have figured it's be as simple as patching my games ;)

But thank you all for your time and effort. :)

I was going to say yesterday be CF went down one of the two times it did...the min rated PSU for running those cards in crossfire was 550W...and I know you said you had a some extra stuff running but those are on different buses but i just figured id point that out...

Back
Top Bottom