Cabling

gavinsco

Solid State Member
I have a Radeon Hd 7770 with two monitors connected to hdmi and displayport outputs, and I'm trying to add a 3rd with a DVI to VGA then a VGA to HDMI into the 3rd monitor (It's actually a television). In total, that's going DVI --> VGA --> HDMI. But, it is just not showing up at all, not even as a generic PnP. No signal on the telly, nor on the control panel. nada. Any ideas?

I have a Radeon Hd 7770 with two monitors connected to hdmi and displayport outputs, and I'm trying to add a 3rd with a DVI to VGA then a VGA to HDMI into the 3rd monitor (It's actually a television). In total, that's going DVI --> VGA --> HDMI. But, it is just not showing up at all, not even as a generic PnP. No signal on the telly, nor on the control panel. nada. Any ideas?

What type of DVI port are you using, there's at least 3 different types. DVI-I, DVI-A, and DVI-D.

DVI-I will output both digital and analogue video signals, DVI-A only analogue, and DVI-D only digital. You need to be using a DVI-A or DVI-I port.

In addition, although the HDMI spec allows for analogue signals to be sent over it, not all TV's and monitors support this, so make sure your does.

If all your settings are correct, and the DVI port set to output analogue, then you shouldn't have an issue. Go over all this, and make sure that everthing meets the above requirements.

Chris.

Yup, I was using the analogue one. Gonna just get a really long DVI to HDMI now and simplify this a bit. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom