Buying New Set

KJLai

In Runtime
Hey guys,

My PC is starting to go down the sh*t hole... its been almost a good 10 years with this thing. It is time to start upgrading.

I am not looking to buy a whole new tower, just parts.

I am trying to get parts for gaming along with regular daily use.

Any suggestions anyone?

My budget is going to have to be about $400-550, depending on if I land a good paying job over the summer.

I am looking for an all new everything:
-RAM
-MOBO
-Graphics/Video - (preferably w/ access to dual monitor) ---I'm sure they all do that now.. - (PREFER NVIDIA/EVGA)
-Processor - (preferably INTEL)

and.. probably some other parts that I might've forgotten..

Please let me know!

Thanks,

--Kevin

You might try TigerDirect or Newegg.com both are fairly reasonable for new parts or if you don't mind used E-bay.com or Amazon.com. I would post links but I am still fairly new here and I believe I need at least 25 posts so that links are not monitored automatically.

For a motherboard though I suggest anything made by MSI it is what I used to build my office computer. The prices for MSI are reasonable too.

For motherboards Asus and MSI are really good, let me link you to couple good ones.

Newegg.com - ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - MSI Z87-G45 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Pro Gaming with Killer Networking & Sound Blaster Intel Motherboard

Both are affordable and high quality. You could spend more if you wanted to, but there's no real season for it. There is cheaper alternatives as well, let me link those.

Newegg.com - ASUS H81M-K LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - MSI H81M-E33 LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

As you can see you don't have to spend tones of money on a motherboard, but if you like lots of fancy features then you might pay extra for them.

Hope this helped, I will be making more suggestions for video cards later.

I decided to just make a list of parts that I think are good and you can tell me what you think of them.

Motherboard Newegg.com - MSI H87-G43 LGA 1150 Intel H87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX High Performance CF Intel Motherboard

CPU Newegg.com - Intel Core i3-4340 Haswell 3.6GHz LGA 1150 54W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I34340

RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory - Newegg.com

GPU Newegg.com - EVGA 02G-P4-3757-KR GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 FTW w/ ACX Cooling Video Card

The total of this is about $515 if you wanted to spend more you could get a i5 instead of an i3, but that would make it cost over $650.

Now you said you may have forgotten a few other parts, if you are forgetting parts such as a HDD or SSD, PSU and case the nit would cost a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom