Buying a new laptop need help

jeremyd

Beta member
Hey everyone I am buying my first good laptop and my price range is 1000 to under 2000. I need a computer for rendering videos and 3D animations and such. I was looking into getting this laptop :HP ENVY 15.6" Laptop - Black (Intel Core i7-3630QM / 1TB HDD / 16GB Ram / Windows 8) : 15" Laptops - Best Buy Canada

I like how there is 16gb, and the i7-3630QM processor,however I was wondering is it okay to not to have a solid state hardrive since I have more ram, or would it be better to have a SSD hardrive and less ram? Or what ratio is should be for my use. If you have any laptop suggestions or tips for what I need it for that would be awesome! anything under 2000 would be ideal.:flowers:

Ok let me give you my perspective. A laptop is not a desktop. Even though it has all the goods, it's still a laptop. Rendering takes time and horsepower which equals lots of heat generated. While heat is not all that great for any computer, it's really bad for laptops.
Maybe look in to a slim line series that can handle more of the heat.

Ok let me give you my perspective. A laptop is not a desktop. Even though it has all the goods, it's still a laptop. Rendering takes time and horsepower which equals lots of heat generated. While heat is not all that great for any computer, it's really bad for laptops.
Maybe look in to a slim line series that can handle more of the heat.

As Setishock look into getting a slimline laptop like this one HP Envy TouchSmart 14" Touchscreen Ultrabook -Black (Intel Core i5-3317U/32GB SSD 500GB HDD/8GB RAM) : Ultrabooks - Best Buy Canada

There is also a list of these ones http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...PCatalogenCA31678%23%230%23%231c&viewall=true

Last edited:
If you're rendering video and 3D animation, why do you want to do it on a laptop with a puny screen?

Are you open to a desktop?

If not, I would go with the laptop BK_123 suggested.

Back
Top Bottom