Bus Speed.

Insunna

In Runtime
Okay, now i know im asking a ton of questions. But im asking what is needed so i don't end up getting anything wrong when i upgrade. How can you figure out the speed of bus Front and Back. (I think thats what they are)

I didnt know there was a back bus speed, lol.. hmm... Google... ill be back!

No, only front bus speed.

Eh.. My bad. Like i said I thought those were it. Im not stupid when it comes to comps, but in no way am i an expert. How do you figure it out though?

well you can look up your mobo and find the technical specs but the better thing to do is look up your processor and find its bus speed since the total front bus speed is limited by the processors max bus speed. try EVEREST home edition (google it) its free and it will tell at least tell you your processors make and model if not its front bus speed.

I'm already using Everest. But i only see bus type, and bus width. Is it one of the 2? If so which one, and whats a good number it should be around?

i dont no if it lists bus speed but it should give you all the info about your processor like core and etc. go on newegg and search for your exact specs until you find your processor and they will have a listed bus speed. or you could try CPU-Z liike kyleman999 said

what kind of processor do you have?

The Front Bus is how fast the caching speed is. The higher, the better.

The "Back" Bus, which is actually, the speed, tells you how fast it can process

Back
Top Bottom