Built comp, turned it on it beeps repeatedly nuthen shows on monitor. HELP!

GrassyAss311

Beta member
I just recently built my computer. I turned it on but when it turned on it had long repeated beeps and nuthing would show up on the monitor. I have a amd athlon 64 processor, dfi lanparty motherboard, 512 dual channel memory, 40 gb hard drive. If you could leave posts with possible solutions i would be very greatful.

-chris

GrassyAss311 said:
I just recently built my computer. I turned it on but when it turned on it had long repeated beeps and nuthing would show up on the monitor. I have a amd athlon 64 processor, dfi lanparty motherboard, 512 dual channel memory, 40 gb hard drive. If you could leave posts with possible solutions i would be very greatful.

-chris
First find out what the beeps mean...

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

The best thing to do in that situation if you can not tell from the beep codes is to..Remove everything and start over..Only use the least amount of hardware to get started, then add it later after the operating system is installed and updated. 1 optic drive, 1 harddrive, 1 stick of ram, 1 video interface(either on board or plugin), No sound cards or extra PCI cards unless you have to have it for the HDD set-up. Just the barest to get it started is always the best. And make sure all cables are snugly inserted and all the cards are firmly seated.

Many times this is because it does not like your RAM, or you have the RAM in the wrong slots. If your Motherboard can handle 4 dimms, and you only are using 2, usually there is a protocall for which slots the two dimms go in. Make sure they are correct.

Yea, i belive its the ram that is causing this, in the guide it gives a diagram with 5 columns. dimm 1, dimm 2, dimm3, 1t,2t. Under the dimm's it gives like single in first dimm empty for rest. Or double in the second dimm and empty in the others. in the 1t-2t columns it gives the speed like ddr 400. and talks about configuration. Would this have anything to do with my problem? cause i checked out the site wombat gave me and it said the beeping was ram related. if you guys could help me out id be greatful

make sure it's inserted properly and if that's not it..you prolly got the wrong kind...

EDIT

or defective ram.

well im 95% sure its the ram that is effecting this but it came to mind when i was thinking about it my ram is dual channel. Would this be a reason im getting the beeping?

-chris

Back
Top Bottom