Builiding a gaming pc.

Haimehh

Beta member
Hi, I'm building a gaming computer and I wanted to ask you guys if there is anything that doesnt fit in? Thanks in advance

Case: Corsair graphite series 230T
M-Board: Biostar TA970 AM3+ AMD 970+
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws series 8GB (2x4) ddr3 1600mhz
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8 Cores 4.0GHz
HDD: Seagate Hybrid 1TB
GPU: XFX Double D Radeon R9 280 3GB 384bit DDR5

I will list my opinions on it.

CASE- Not at all a bad choice. It's actually great for the money

MOBO- While Biostar is not an awful brand, I would go with either an Asus, MSI, or Gigabyte board.

PSU- I don't know a lot about EVGA power supplies, but I do know that they make amazing other products. So that should be a good choice.

RAM- Perfectly fine choice in ram. G.Skill has always made high quality ram, and this is no exception.

CPU- This is entirely up to my opinion, but going with a high end gaming PC and using an AMD CPU doesn't make much since. No games will take advantage of the 8 cores, and a core i5 will actually beat this CPU in single core performance.

HDD- I myself with a gaming PC would go with a 250GB SSD to store my OS, programs, and a few games. And a 1TB standard HDD for most games, and all normal files and data.

GPU- Fine choice on the GPU, the 280 will play any game flawlessly. Yet it is still very affordable.

This are my opinions on your chosen parts, however it is up to you what you chose.

MOBO- While Biostar is not an awful brand, I would go with either an Asus, MSI, or Gigabyte board.

PSU- I don't know a lot about EVGA power supplies, but I do know that they make amazing other products. So that should be a good choice.

RAM- Perfectly fine choice in ram. G.Skill has always made high quality ram, and this is no exception.

CPU- This is entirely up to my opinion, but going with a high end gaming PC and using an AMD CPU doesn't make much since. No games will take advantage of the 8 cores, and a core i5 will actually beat this CPU in single core performance.

HDD- I myself with a gaming PC would go with a 250GB SSD to store my OS, programs, and a few games. And a 1TB standard HDD for most games, and all normal files and data.

GPU- Fine choice on the GPU, the 280 will play any game flawlessly. Yet it is still very affordable.

This are my opinions on your chosen parts, however it is up to you what you chose.

Okay thank you very much. how about this processor?: Intel Core i5-4440 Haswell Quad-Core 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I54440 - Newegg.ca

with that motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX High Performance CF Intel Motherboard - Newegg.ca ?

Will everything work ?

Thanks alot for the advice, how about this processor and that motherboard?

+1 Craig is right on the money here. I agree with everything he has said.

Hi, I'm building a gaming computer and I wanted to ask you guys if there is anything that doesnt fit in? Thanks in advance

Case: Corsair graphite series 230T
M-Board: Biostar TA970 AM3+ AMD 970+
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws series 8GB (2x4) ddr3 1600mhz
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8 Cores 4.0GHz
HDD: Seagate Hybrid 1TB
GPU: XFX Double D Radeon R9 280 3GB 384bit DDR5

Very nice choice in chip +/ GPU selection.

As Craig Prince suggested, the addition of an SSD (such as) would do wonders for that setup. If also possible, get 16GB of RAM... Crysis can take 3.5 alone.

CPU- This is entirely up to my opinion, but going with a high end gaming PC and using an AMD CPU doesn't make much since.

since... when? And if you meant "sense," then why not?

No games will take advantage of the 8 cores, and a core i5 will actually beat this CPU in single core performance.

Some/Most (%?) newer games take advantage of the multi-threading functionality. How they interact with the chip changes how well the game plays/looks. Intel doesn't always (and has never "always") beat AMD. It's "always" back and forth or very close. AMD is cheaper and sometimes does better than, and typically u-noticeably comparable to, Intel.

No offense, but; if you don't know, then don't advise people on how to spend their money.

+1 Craig is right on the money here. I agree with everything he has said.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Sorry for not responding sooner. For some reason this thread never got bold when it got a new response. Great choice for the CPU, however I would go with the Z97 edition of that motherboard; just in case it didn't get a bios update to support that CPU.

MSI Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.ca

Back
Top Bottom