building a new pc

Duality1

BSOD
hey guys, im new to this forum and in dire need of help. ive been using computers all my life, but im not familiar with building. my computer experience comes to: switching the cases between two working pcs (im pretty good at keeping track of my moves), installing video cards, hd's, reformatting, etc. so basically im just above the average user. ive recently decided to upgrade. the cpu i have is the fastest one i can install on my motherboard and both of my memory slots are used. these are the items im looking to upgrade:

CPU
memory
video card
motherboard

if i could get some suggestions on any of those components, i dont plan on spending over 550 total.

if there are some fair priced websites you guys could let me know of that would be great, i just moved to a military base in japan so hopefully they ship worldwide. let me know if im over my head because of my limited experience, but im sure i can learn a lot from reading these forums.

thanks

Welcome to the forums. you will be happy to learn all the tasks you want to do are easy as long as you make sure you buy parts that support each other!

Sorry don't know any sites in Japan!

I'm afraid I don't either... I'm guessing some ones based in America probably would ship to you, though you better check some

Some good sites would be

www.Newegg.com
www.tigerdirect.com

I'm sure there are many more i've forgot, but just check the shipping rules here. I also have no idea how much the shipping would cost if you would.

Finding ones based in Japan using my Google wouldn't do any good either...I can't read Japaneze :p

im liking the newegg site, but still not sure if they will ship to my military base in japan, any suggestions on which type of processor, vid card, etc? i have an amd right now and am looking to buy an amd athlon 64 of some sort, not sure about memory or motherboard or vid card at all though

Whats all those symbols?...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=...le+Search&meta=

Well they would be to me, but I'm sure you can read them :p Amazing, your language is.

As of the parts:

CPU
memory
video card
motherboard

Its really up to you which type of make you want for example, so wouldn't like to tell you to get a certain make, though after you choose that, we can start choosing based on your needs.

Intel, AMD for the processor?
Nvidia, ATI for the video card?

Plus, what types of things do you like to do on your pc? Programs running and how many for example.

I hope this helps :)

haha im not japanese nor do i speak japanese, im half-korean half-american. i moved to japan with my family because of my father's orders from the military :D

im going to be running primarily games on the system, and usually its just that one game running (i dont have the pc power to do otherwise xP)

im thinking AMD for the CPU, but on video cards ill go with whatever i can get hahaha

Back
Top Bottom