Building New Computer

jamieeire

Beta member
Hey all im new to the forum and building computers but hope you can help. I want to build a new computer, i have what i think are all the parts i want. I would like ye're opinions on them and any problems ye think ye might see with them.

Components:
Motherboard - ASUS Sabertooth x58 - LGA 1366 - ATX
CPU - Intel i7 950
Ram - Corsair XMS3
Graphics/Video Card - ASUS GeForce gts 450
PC Case - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
Power Supply - ATX Simplepower 630 Watt
Side Panel Fan - Antec fan tricool 120mm
Top Panel Fan - Antec 200mm fan big boy 200

I will be using a dvd/cd drive and a hard drive from a previous computer. I will be using it for online gaming, mainly lotro and rift. And also for animation, using Blender and 3ds Max. I will be getting help putting it together as im very new to it. Any comments anyone can give would be appreciated greatly

looks awesome.
i just have one complane.
why whould you put in a low end gaming graphic card in a high end pc.
not to mention that it is also from previous generation low end gaming gpu's from Nvidia.

thanks, hopefully it wont be to hard to put together. what graphics card would you recommend?

if you want to go with Nvidia and i can see you kinda are in a budget becouse you did choose so low end graphic card.
in i cheep prise range i will go with the 550 or the 560.
check some benchmarks,
i did buy a 570. realy powerfull card. crysis 2 with max graphic at HD ressulution. no problem.

Thanks for that, am gonna get myself a gtx 550. The 560 way to far out of my price range

Also how do i get the right power supply needed? is there any good website out there that can let me input all the parts i will be getting and tell me the minimum wattage i need. I have used neweggs calculator to help me calculate the old power supply but it aint got the gtx 550 on it

Back
Top Bottom