Building my first PC...

phranq

Beta member
Here's basically what I've got in my shopping cart at the moment, I just want to make sure everything is compatible and I've got what I need.

RAIDMAX Black 10-bay Case with 420W Power Supply, Model "ATX-868WBP" -RETAIL

CD/DVD Burners (RW Drives)

Samsung Black 52X32X52X16 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive, Model TS-H492A/WBGH, OEM

Hard Drives

SAMSUNG 80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model SP0802N, OEM Drive only

Memory (System Memory)

pqi POWER Series 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 - Retail

I've got 2 of those. I could use some advice here, I'm looking to be as cost effective as possible.

Motherboards - AMD

SOLTEK "SL-K8TPro-939" VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL

Processors

AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 512K, L2 Cache, Socket 939 Windows Compatible 64-bit Processor - Retail

I already have a Geforce5700LE 256 mb graphics card. I'm not worried about monitor or keyboard/mouse speakers etc.

ok, sell your Gpu on ebay and buy like a $130 radeon 9600xt
now for your Mobo, i think you should get a asus AV8 deluxe, like mine, also get 200gb maxtor ~$116
its more then 2time as much and only $40 more
besides that its a great Pc have

fun and the best of luck.

The reason I had the Soltek is a friend who built his computer used one and recommended it.

I don't play HL2, heh. I play an MMORPG usually but I'm dual logging 2 accounts at once.

1024mb ram? read what I said, 2 512's.

The only thing I'm worried about putting the PC together is the CPU, how hard are socket 939s to put together?

thats the easiest part, most have zero incert force, so it just slides in, make sure you don't bend the pins,

hahahah: You are getting all those pecies from newegg, you know how i found out ahahahhmuahahahahha.

also whats a good mmorpg, I like rpg like kotor but the online thing is a little intimidating, i do hav broadband though.

m8 u wanna fork out the extra cash and get a asus av8 deluxe thoose things are the best for 939 chips as it opens up the possiblity for overclocking ect

Back
Top Bottom