Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/)
-   Hardware (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/)
-   -   Building a Gaming Computer (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/building-gaming-computer-221648.html)

Damian433 02-27-2013 05:46 PM

Building a Gaming Computer

2 Attachment(s)
I am building a gaming computer from parts I order off of Newegg.com If you guys could take a look at the parts I have gathered in my Cart and tell me if something is not compatible, or if I am missing something, or if there is something better (but not super expensive).
Pictures are uploaded

BikerEcho 02-27-2013 06:22 PM

Re: Building a Gaming Computer

well it should all be compatible. But tell me, Why are you buying a test bench?
also is it really necessary to buy a net card and a sound card? they are included onboard on the motherboard.

Also what are you gonna use the SSD for? As boot drive?

Damian433 02-27-2013 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops, didnt mean to have that case on there xD and the SSD is for Windows, and some games that I can put on there (I hear having games on the SSD makes the a bit faster) Attached is the case I am wanting.

Took off the Sound card and Net Card, didnt think about the board having it x)
Brings price to $735

BikerEcho 02-27-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian433 (Post 12123986)
the SSD is for Windows, and some games that I can put on there (I hear having games on the SSD makes the a bit faster)

I think you should reconsider having an 80gb ssd as boot drive. After ntfs formating and windows 7 you are properly not gonna have more then 50 gb left for stuff. 4 games and a few apps and you are out of storage.

Only games load time are gonna improve. Not the fps.
You are gonna see performance increase in how quick windows behave and how quick files and apps open on the ssd.

If 50 gb is enough space for you, go for it... Else reconsider and look into a bigger ssd if you can afford it.

OhSnapWord 02-27-2013 09:58 PM

I'll type in all caps to help drive the point home...

DO NOT BUY A LOGISYS POWER SUPPLY

The PSU is one of the most important components of your rig. A quality PSU is worth every penny. Low quality PSUs have been known to fail prematurely, cause instability and even cause components to fail.

setishock 03-01-2013 01:29 AM

This is what I use >
CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com
Although it's a bit pricey, it's got great reviews on it. The kicker is it has 70amps on the 12volt rail. More than enough to push a lot of goodies. And it's modular. Makes wire management a snap to get right.