Building computers from scratch.

chrismichael

Solid State Member
Where is a good place to begin learning how to assemble computers? Is it so complex that it would require taking some courses, or do you think with the right books I could teach myself? If so, what books?

I kind of got the idea when a guy wanted 50 dollars to install a video card, so I just did it myself and was surprised by how simple it was (obviously building a computer isn't as easy, I realize this), and thought this would make a great part time job.

Actually, building a pc is quite simple. You can learn all there is to know here, at CF! However, a great guide that I used myself to build my custom pc, is here: http://sysbuild.corsairmemory.com/report.aspx?id=2&sid=1
It's really good, with lots a pics, step-by-step instructions, and even an overclocking section! I don't recommend that for starters, though. I'm curious to know: what kind of pc are you thinking about building? High-end? Media? Buisness? Gaming? What?

just make sure you folow ALL the instructions, especially if its your first time. dont just assume something goes somewhere. if you really have a question you need answered about it, you can of course ask us on here too.

cileskot said:
just make sure you folow ALL the instructions, especially if its your first time. dont just assume something goes somewhere. if you really have a question you need answered about it, you can of course ask us on here too.

Seconded, thirded, whatever. We are computer nerds and geeks and we know way to much for our ages...

jac006 said:
Actually, building a pc is quite simple. You can learn all there is to know here, at CF! However, a great guide that I used myself to build my custom pc, is here: http://sysbuild.corsairmemory.com/report.aspx?id=2&sid=1
It's really good, with lots a pics, step-by-step instructions, and even an overclocking section! I don't recommend that for starters, though. I'm curious to know: what kind of pc are you thinking about building? High-end? Media? Buisness? Gaming? What?

High end gaming mostly, but it wouldn't be for my personal use, I was thinking of building them and selling them as a part time job.

Well that's your guide right there. That's a high end gaming pc right there in that link I gave you, so you should be good to go. Any other issues, post here and we'll give you all we got.

Back
Top Bottom