BSOD in Vista, week old rig.

Zdorab

Solid State Member
Vista Home Premium 64-bit

I bought a new rig (Specs in sig) and I'ts worked fine for a week an a half. I put steam on it, set it off installing and went to use the bathroom. I came back and the computer was resetting. It then proceded to bsod Stop errors, and whenever I reset it they would come earlier and earlier untill it couldn't even load the user log in screen. I ran it in Safe Mode, sucessfully removed Steam, and it still would Bsod.

Bsods were STOP errors:

Memory_Management
Bad_Pool_Header
Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area
NTFS.SYS
Other .sys errors.
(What the heck do these mean?)

I opened up the computer to see if anything was wrong. It was REALLY hot, but all 3 fans were running. (Front case, back case, processor.) I let it cool for 30 mins, and when I plugged it back in, it worked!!!... for 10 mins then it BSOD'ed when I tried to run a game.

What can I do? The compy says all my parts are working in safe mode, everything registers. I have a lan party tomorrow so speedy help is much appreciated! Thanks.

sounds like your really over head your system
couple questions
what type case? and what fan do you have on your cpu

I think it might be overheating as well. Are you sure your HSF is functioning properly? Can you take a picture of the insides of your case?

Case: NZXT
The case has 3 fans, all are running fine. Generic case fans+generic Intel Processor fan.

What are the temps in the case? You can use Everest to check them. Speedfan works pretty well too.

Hard to check when I can't use it for more than 3-4 mins before it BSODs. Its hot enough that it heats a whole basement thats usually the coolest place in the house. hot enough that the ram sticks could probablly fry an egg.

Hot.

But if its overheating then why would it work fine for a week and not now?

Tried again. New BSOD. FLTMGR.sys failure.

It was cool that time when it shut down, no heat was radiating from it at all.

What could it be if overheating is out of the picture?

Some incompatibilities, maybe CPU overworking. This happens a lot after OCing. My best bet is overheating.

Steam wouldn't screw up your system.

You need to put a big 'ol fan on it and see if it lasts any longer, and get us some temperature read outs too.

Back
Top Bottom