Browser Window/Page cannot be displayed

Joe2

Baseband Member
First, the bar at the bottom of the browser window which shows 'connecting to website or IP address' and the progress of the window download rate has totally disappeared'.

Second, I keep getting 'Page cannot be displayed - Cannot find server or DNS error -Internet Explorer.

My OS is WINXP Pro, Pentium4. 512mb memory.

I am sorry if this is a very basic question but I'm still on a learning curve. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
Joe2

I asume your on Internet explorer, also. Are you connected to the the internet :p

Hello Camers

Sorted my first problem of the bar at the bottom of the browser window. I had somehow turned off the status bar in my view menu**#?%@** !!

Still having problems with page cannot be displayed.
Joe

Check to see if you have any firewalls blocking your access, can you go on stuff like msn, outlook? Also, is your modem config'd correctly?

depending on how you are connecting, you may want to try restarting your modem. specifically if you are using broadband(cable)

I would just STOP using I.E, this browser is #1 on the list for exploits to Viruses,Trojens, and hackers.
You could use Msn or Firefox.

These are 2 of the best browsers out there, and you'll be safer if you have your connection firewalled.

Back
Top Bottom