Broken Hinge on my HP Pavilion ze2308wm, Help?

Neilson

Beta member
Hey, 1st time user on here(so feel free to move this thread to the appropriate place if this isn't it).

My laptop has its right hinge busted, and I have no clue what I can do to fix it. This was my last place to go since the repair shops are asking for a fortune, I can't find any hinge parts online for my laptop, and HP Troubleshooting is helpless.

My warrenty still has 14 days left, but HP's Tech Support has told me that I either have to pay $299(quoted on E-Care from HP) or $640(Outsourced HP Tech on the phone today). They won't sell me a hinge to do it myself and getting a new laptop is out of the question for me.

I spent $380 on this Laptop last year and I just feel stuck as to who, what, or where to turn to get my laptop fixed. I hope you guys can help me out, Thanks in Advance.

look on ebay the sell laptop parts although you may only be able to get a whole new monitor its worth a look

muz379 said:
look on ebay the sell laptop parts although you may only be able to get a whole new monitor its worth a look
Is it easy to open up and do body work on a Laptop? I've never done anything like that before.

you wouldnt need to open it i wouldnt think to fit a new hinge , even so it shouldnt be that hard ive done it on a compaq before , just search on google for a guide

muz379 said:
you wouldnt need to open it i wouldnt think to fit a new hinge , even so it shouldnt be that hard ive done it on a compaq before , just search on google for a guide
I tried on Google to type in anything regarding "Repairing HP Pavilion ZE2308wm" but I haven't found anything specific to helping me. What's a better string of words to use?

just general hp laptop repair shoould show you how to fit a hinge or im sure if you post photos here somebody will know how to fit a hp pavillion notebook hinge

I cant find anything either. I reckon HP have got ya by the short and curlies

Exactly. This isn't right, and I have to wonder if anyone else has faced a similar problem to what I'm having, and how did you manage to resolve it?

Back
Top Bottom