Broadcasting

Cricket23

Beta member
Hi,

1st time post here, so please be gentle. Also, as you will see from my question, I am not a computer whizz!

Anyway, can anybody suggest how the following could be done, or even if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

Our church hall does not have a phone/broadband link, but what we would like to do is to be able to 'broadcast' somehow our Bible Class mtgs, so that the members who can't get along could still see/hear the address.

What I was thinking about was using a laptop, suitably kitted out which picked up the vocals and then sent them to the internet, or similar to be heard by others.

Could you, for example, send them to Skype (or similar) and have an open conference line which people could dial in to and then listen. And/or, could you broadcast this to say Facebook, and then members could pick up the signal (maybe even visuals) from there.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

C23

Most churches that I know store their recorded audio files (presented by the pasteur) on their local hard drive. From that point on, it's uploaded or to a host where it can be broadcasted on the church's main website. Then if people want to listen to it, they can just click on the link to listen to streaming media.

Thanks. We have that facility as well. But what I'd like to do would be able to to it real time. We have a weekly Bible Class, so the idea would be for church members to 'tune in'.

C23

Back
Top Bottom