Bottlenecking, RAM ?

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
I have a question about bottlenecking in general,

I remeber getting advice from Kage im pretty sure and someone else about bottlenecking,

Hvae i got it right in remebering that if i get say i get two sticks of 512 RAM and that makes 1GB right? And AMD not too sure but thinking maybe X2, will i get bottlenecking because of using two 512 sticks? Or will X2 be fast anof and can handle everything?

Also whats some of the signs of bottlenecking, is it mostly in gaming that you get it or notice it?

nah, 2 512 sticks won't bottleneck at all as long as they're the same speed. The only way something like that will happen is if you have say...2 512 sticks and one is pc3200 and one is pc2700, the 3200 ram will be clocked down to the 2700's speed (333 mhz) and that will cause slower performance. 1 gb of ram will be plenty for the X2 processor so don't worry about that.
Hope I helped

Thanks again Tommy Boy your always a great help!

*gives rep to Tommy Boy but since it says i cant and need to spread it around ill just pat ya on the back*
:)

Cool, need to remeber same speed and it does made sence that~

"pc3200 and one is pc2700, the 3200 ram will be clocked down to the 2700's speed (333 mhz)"

Of couse, but how did it work out to be 333 mhz?I dont get that part..

geek_gal said:
Cool, need to remeber same speed and it does made sence that~

"pc3200 and one is pc2700, the 3200 ram will be clocked down to the 2700's speed (333 mhz)"

Of couse, but how did it work out to be 333 mhz?I dont get that part..

It is 333mhz because that is the speed of a pc2700 ram. And the rams always clock down to the speed of the slowest one.

Back
Top Bottom