Bootup question

Celticsfan

Banned
I first installed XP on my PC. I then took an exact image of it with acronis true image 2009. After that I installed win 7 using a quick format as it was installed.

Would this cause my PC to take 4 minutes to bootup from the moment I power on my PC until I finally get to my desktop?

thoughts?

thx

Did you install Windows 7 over XP?

I've used the quick format option many times with no problems, but that was just with reinstalling XP.

Well I guess you could say that cause I never completely formatted the HD before installing win 7. Do you think that is causing the PC taken 4 minutes to boot up?

thx

when I installed W7 over Vista and XP with both quick formats, I didnt get any problems that you have, it booted up normally.
Could try reinstalling, but something screwed up along the process?

As soon as I hit the power button on my PC, I then see numbers counting up for 5 secs or so in the lower right hand corner of my screen and then I get a curser that sites at the top left hand corner of my screen blinking for about 4 minutes and then finishes booting to my desktop.

Teny, I might try doing that but only after I get a true image of my current set up only because it works now but it just takes a few minutes to boot up. I currently have it set up as a triple boot.

thx

Hmm. . .
That sounds like it may be a hardware problem. Check/test the memory, make sure you cables and wires are fully/firmly connected.

Not sure it's any cables because when I put in my second HD last week and put XP on it, my computer booted right up with no wait but when I added Vista to it, it started to happen again. Just like it did when I only had win 7 on it by itself. Weird issue for sure. Someone on another forum thought the issue was with not doing a full format. I tried a memory test when it first started happening and the test came back fine.

Back
Top Bottom