Blech. Video issue (thinking motherboard)?

Lydiaemily

Beta member
So the other day I was sitting in my chair just playing Fallout Tactics when I stood up to take my puppy out I hit the cord plugged into the front USB port. I broke the port and for some reason my TV read "No visual available, Check cord." Well, I checked the cord and then tried to hard boot it but the computer would not turn off without pulling the power cord.

At this point I have tried:
- Different Cables
- Different Monitors
- Pulled the video card and set another in, still no visual
- Pulled everything off one by one and tried booting it over time, nothing. Removed Ram, CPU, hds, etc.
- The hard drive boots in my other computer

The board does not have onboard graphics so I cannot plug a VGA in to test it. I'm assuming my motherboard is shot. The computer will fire up, fans will start. Green light pops on the motherboard and the video card but that's it. When I hold the button down there is no response. It doesn't shut down. I have to pull the plug. There are no beeps either. I'm at a loss for what else I could try. Any ideas? I don't want to go buy a new motherboard if I'm missing something.

Thx for any help forthcoming. Or if you have no idea, thx for reading.
(Lydia Emily)

Computer Specs:
Antec P183 Case
Corsair TX650W Power Supply
Asus M2N-E Motherboard
AMD Athlon A62 x2 5600+ CPU
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX
4 x Corsair DDR2 2 Gig Ram
Raptor HD for Slave
Western Digital for Randomness

Sounds like a surge killed the board. Tripping over cords sucks not only for the human, but for PCs sometimes too. :(

Back
Top Bottom