Black screen after installing drivers

Cloudstriff

Beta member
Hello guys.

I just put together my new computer and have a BFG 688 GT OC in it, and just got windows installed. I installed the latest drivers from Nvidi'a website which can be found here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77

After they are installed the system reboots. Right after I get past the XP Pro loading window (With the purple bar going under the logo) I just get a blackscreen and the monitor's power icon goes amber. It will hang there until I reboot the computer, and it will say that windows has not loaded all the way and ask's if I would like to start in safemode.

I can go into safemode and remove the drivers, and it will work fine then. I have tried two previous versions of the drivers and get the same results. Any help would be appriciated :)

Comp Specs:

Amd 64 3200+
GIGABYTE "GA-K8NS PRO"
BFG 6800 GT OC
1 gig OCZ 3500 duel channel

try the 61.45 drivers cause the 77s caused me problems with mine ,i got flickering etc... its a nice card thou aint it.

I have tried both the nforce drivers off of the CD that came with the mobo and the newest drivers off of nvidia's website.

well i installed the new drivers onto my old geforce 4200 and everything works dandy.

Okay since you have a paticular strange problem I will post this up until the end of today on my website. It is the 61.76 drivers. They were released the same date Far Cry was updated.

Nvidia releases alot of driver versions. But they release officially a few times a year. So these ones should be compliant and work. Its not the wisest practice to always be dwnlding the newest drivers becuase they arent totally worked out yet so here is the link that you can download them from.
These were specifically designed for the geforce 6 series so they should work fine.

This will only be up until midnight of tonight. Anyone can download them.

http://www.airiox.com/61.76_winxp2k_english_whql.exe

I'm using 61.77 now, no problems. I think you might have a dodgy card. Has it ever worked correctly? worked until you O/C it?

Back
Top Bottom