Bios

unless a bios update specifically addresses a problem you may have or provides new functionality you require there is no point in updating. What does the new beta bios offer that you wish to take advantage of??

Yeah, unless it has extra options. Say, you have a Dell, and it unlocks it for Ocing abilities, id give it a go. Other then that, nah.

iv got a bios version on now that i updated about 3 months ago and i cant overclock my cpu or anything, but there is that beta out now and it doesnt say wot it updates soo i dont no if i should put it on or not

r_moore04 said:
iv got a bios version on now that i updated about 3 months ago and i cant overclock my cpu or anything, but there is that beta out now and it doesnt say wot it updates soo i dont no if i should put it on or not
How have you attempted to oc?? that board is eminently overclockable.

Perhaps you may like to take a look at this review

Specifically the third page entitled "The Bios and Overclocking"

EDIT: And once more I raise the point that if your 3DMark03 score in your sig is from the system whose details are listed, there is something extremely wrong with your setup.

Deathstar said:
How have you attempted to oc?? that board is eminently overclockable.

Perhaps you may like to take a look at this review

Specifically the third page entitled "The Bios and Overclocking"

EDIT: And once more I raise the point that if your 3DMark03 score in your sig is from the system whose details are listed, there is something extremely wrong with your setup.

i have seen that site b4 and thats wot u use 2 overclock it, (everything that is on the bios i have tryed) but wen it comes on the desktop its normal the clock speed doesnt change at all, and what do you mean there is somethin wrong with the setup, that score is from b4 i updated the bios that stopped me overclockin it

mate, 3DMark03, you should be scoring in excess of 10,000 points, my set up listed below scores 11,000 + so yours should be close to mine. 4149 is not a good 3DMark03 score

EDIT: You are saving the bios changes when you are exiting the bios aren't you?

Have a look at this thread from Guru3D it will give you a better idea of what your score should be like.

Specifically these two:

6. phrozin - 12303.00 - GeForce 6600 GT @ 702/688.50mhz - Leadtek 6600gt single @ 702/1377 | A64 fx-57 @ 3361MHz H2O
7. snip3r_3 - 10306.00 - GeForce 6600 GT @ 590/587.50mhz - 6600GT @ 590/1175 | P4 530 @ 3.72

I score 46XX at stock in 3DMark05 so you should be at least twice that (or close to) at stock in 3DMark03

Back
Top Bottom