big difference from ata100 to sata 3.0gbs

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
well im finally getting a new hardrive and im just wondering how much faster i should expect it too be?

right now i have a ata100 maxtor 5400rpm 20gb harddrive

and i ordered a sata3.0gbs western digital caviar 160gb

now it will only run at sata 1.5gbs becuase of my motherboard but i heard that they really arent much faster then that ne ways?

so will i see my games run ne faster with loading? thanks

posibly . If you wanna get sata 3.0gbs get a pci sata card .

a difference deff in game loading times
but not as big as your exspecting

the difference between in ATA and SATA is HUGE! i havent switched myself but have used computer with SATA. loads times are much smaller. and everyday tasks like opening up things you havent opened up in a while like control panel will go so much smoother with the decrease in seek times.

its really not that big of a difference
i mean its a difference
but nothing like omfg!
i went from ide to sata3.0
there was a difference but eh not a amazingly big one
the biggest thing was data copying
like coping an external to a internal
much faster useing usb 2.0

yeh thanks...just right now my games like bf2 take about 2 minutes to load...would they now load in about say 1 minute?..or maybe 1 and a half? lol

the difference between in ATA and SATA is HUGE! i havent switched myself but have used computer with SATA. loads times are much smaller. and everyday tasks like opening up things you havent opened up in a while like control panel will go so much smoother with the decrease in seek times.
It's not that big a difference, did you consider that the computer that you used with SATA was probably a better overall spec than yours aswell.

It depends more on what the hard drive itself is capable of in latencies.

Back
Top Bottom