BFG 6600GT Vs BFG 6800GT

Zapdos

In Runtime
my friend is planning on giving me his olf BFG 6800GT for $80 (canadian) and i think thats a really good deal. BUT i have a BFG 6600GT 128mb and i was wondering if its worth spending 80 on the 6800gt if its actually a good performance boost. the 6800gt is 256mb. Thanks

80 canadian dollars for a used card like that is a ripoff I'd think. However, if you're sure it's in good condition, a 128 to 256 boost would be noticable, but you should consider racking up a bit more money and saving for something in the 7*** series.

The 6800GT is much faster than the 6600GT. Unless you plan to buy a whole new computer here real soon.. you might want to get that 6800GT... that way you'll get better FPS when UT07 comes out. ;)

Yeah, I'd advise you for your next card up, to get at least the 7600GS. Thats a great card, at a great price really.

But you will notice a difference, but a real noticable jump? I don't know.

I wasn't all that impressed with my performance jump from my 9800PRO to a 6800GS.

Kage said:
Yeah, I'd advise you for your next card up, to get at least the 7600GS. Thats a great card, at a great price really.

But you will notice a difference, but a real noticable jump? I don't know.

I wasn't all that impressed with my performance jump from my 9800PRO to a 6800GS.
Those two cards aren't too far off from each other. If you wanted an impressive boost, you should have gotten a 6800GT.

Yeah but the 6800GS is the 6800GT with a higher clockrate, but less pipes.
I did unlock the extra pipes though, so it shouldn't be all that different to the 6800GT.

rakedog said:
80 canadian dollars for a used card like that is a ripoff I'd think. However, if you're sure it's in good condition, a 128 to 256 boost would be noticable, but you should consider racking up a bit more money and saving for something in the 7*** series.
how is that a rip off? it has 16 pipes against the 6600gts 8 and has more shaders ect so ide say its a very very good deal since those cards are still pretty expeisive if u can find em (they were discontinued)

That's personally what I'd do.

But I'm a guy that doesn't get much cash often. If you have the money, and it comes in regularlary you might as well go for it. If not, then I wouldn't as even though you'll see a boost, I don't think it'll be as big as you hope.

I guess its partly because I recently got a LCD monitor, and can now only comfortably play games at 1280x1024 which sucks really since some games don't run at that resoloution, even on this new card, and so haven't really seen a performance boost for that reason.

yah, i dont get money ofton. I have about $340 and if i buy this 6800gt ill have $260. So you think i should save up for a better card then the cheap 6800GT??

Back
Top Bottom